Kosmetyki Mrs. Pinki
From Unearthing The Music
Kosmetyki Mrs. Pinki were a Polish new wave band.
The band was founded in 1985 in Warsaw by former members Kontrola W: Dariusz Kulda (vocals, guitar), Katarzyna Kulda (vocals) and Wojtek "Vampire" Jagielski (drums) . They were eventually joined by Sławek Starosta (keyboards) and Czarek "Rudy" Furmańczyk (bass guitar), who was soon replaced by Piotr Zajączkowski .
Kosmetyki Mrs. Pinki participated at the Jarocin '85 festival, with a fragment of their performance being immortalized in Piotr Łazarkiewicz's film "Wave". In August 1986, the band took part in the following edition of the festival, and that same year they recorded two songs at the CCS studio: "Continuously on the move" ("Ciągle w ruchu") and "Love on the minefield" ("Miłość na polu minowym". Shortly afterwards, a video clip for the song "Continuously in Motion" was made, which was presented in the film "My Blood, Your Blood" directed by Andrzej Kostenka. Kosmetyki Mrs. Pinki also appeared in the Polish series Tulipan (in 4 episodes) with a fragment of the song "New Method", and in the 1987 film "Pantarej" with the song "Dance of crazy elephants". They experienced a surge of popularity in 1987 and 1988, playing a series of concerts and having their songs regularly played on the radio.
The band experienced several line-up changes in 1988 and had a short break before returning in 1989 with a more pop oriented sound. Shortly after the group disbanded again, sporadically reforming for occasional performances in 1992 and 2002, where they released a new album with a mix of new material and re-recorded old music.
- Katarzyna Kulda - vocal (1985–1989, 2002 – present)
- Dariusz Kulda - guitar, vocal (1985–1989, 2002 – present)
- Cezary Furmańczyk - bass guitar (1985)
- Wojciech Jagielski - drums (1985–1989)
- Sławomir Starosta - keyboards (1985–1988)
- Witold Chmielewski - drums (1985)
- Piotr Zajączkowski - bass guitar (1985–1988)
- Marcin Ciszewski - bass guitar (1988–1989)
- Igor Czerniawski - vocal, percussion (1988–1989, 2002 – present)
- Andrzej Zeńczewski - vocal, guitar (2002-present)
- KMP vol. 1 - CD (KMP 2005 )
- Waterproof radio - LP (Wifon 1988) - song: "Continuously on the move"
- Silence is ... nothing happens - LP (Tonpress 1990) - song: "Dance of war"
- Kontrola W / Kosmetyki Mrs. Pinki - Radioactive Mannequins - LP (Not On Label 2019)
- Cosmetics - history. dada.serpent.pl. [access 12/28/2018]. [archived from this address (3/3/2016)].
- uprzedosci.onet.pl: Debut of Cosmetics Mrs Pinki finally on CD ( Polish ) . 2005-06-01. [access 2015-04-12].
Text adapted from the Polish Wikipedia