Difference between revisions of "Jazz Q"
From Unearthing The Music
(Created page with "thumb|Jazz Q in 2011. Photo by Wikipedia user Harold Jazz Q is a jazz fusion band from the :Category:Czech Republic|...")
Revision as of 19:10, 20 May 2020
Jazz Q is a jazz fusion band from the Czech Republic. It was established in 1964 in the former Czechoslovakia by musicians Martin Kratochvíl (keyboards) and Jiří Stivín (flute). Stivín left the band in the early 1970s. After studying at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, USA, Kratochvíl guided the band into more art-rock and jazz rock influenced sonic territories. During normalization the band became one of the leading figures of the Czech avant-garde, escaping the mass renaming of bands and the many government bans which mostly focused on rock groups - perhaps due to the word "Jazz" in their name.
- Coniunctio - Supraphon 1970
- Pozorovatelna - Panton 1973
- Symbiosis - Supraphon 1974
- Elegie - Supraphon 1976
- Zvěsti - Supraphon 1978
- Hodokvas - Supraphon 1979
- Hvězdoň - Supraphon 1984
- 1974-75 live - Bonton 1991
- The Best of Jazz Q - Panton 1995
- Znovu - Studio Budikov 2013
- Živí Se Diví: Live In Bratislava 1975 - GAD 2013
- Talisman - Studio Budikov 2016
- "Martin Kratochvíl - Hudební hodokvas s Jazz Q" (in Czech)
- "Jazz Q prujede do Draku" Archived 2008-05-10 at the Wayback Machine (in Czech)
Text adapted from Wikipedia.